Waking up powerful and ready to take on the next day’s challenge? Isn’t that what we are all looking for ? Getting good sleep?
But can we make the moments that effect our overall health, even more exciting when going to bed and waking up? Yes we can!
Good sleep = good mood is not only caused’ by a good mattress, there is much more how we can influence our mood. The environment overall is the key.
Find below 7 Ways to make your Beauty Sleep a better experience when waking up and going to bed.
- Mattress: Very obvious is the fact that a good mattress is the key for a good sleep. Not the only one, but a good reason to give more thoughts. It’s important that money is saved on other expenses, but not on your mattress. We basically using the mattress approx. 6-8 hours daily. We may or may not feel the symptoms of a bad mattress right away, but it can cause’ a lot of damage in the future to your body. One of the real good mattress that I experienced myself is called “ENDY“. It’s a canadian product and is made out of three layers of polyurethane foam that are CertiPur-US certified. They are amongst the highest and safest grades of foam available in North America.
- Lighting: How much light do you expose in your bedroom? Do you have side table lamps? What kind of bulbs are you using? Lighting plays a big role and can set our mood before we even know it. I’d recommend using warm light, that will bring coziness and at the same time brightness into your room. Your bedside table lamp shall be bright enough to support your ability to read a book or magazine, but it shouldn’t bother your eyes at the same time. I’d recommend a lighting fixture that comes with a defuser. The Muuto Control Lamp and Muuto Cosy in white Lamp are a perfect example to set your mood the way you want it.
- Materials: A little less obvious to some of us is that the materials that are used in a bedroom, effecting us as well. Metal, Stone and Concrete feel more cold and less inviting compared to Wood and Fabric. For example if you have Concrete flooring, I’d recommend placing a rug in your bedroom. That will make the overall look cozy and looks comfortable and inviting.
- Decor: Sometimes we are forgetting placing decor into our bedroom, where we spend through much more time then we think. Its the little things such as plants, flowers, candles and books that can make a whole difference in appearance overall. Think of adding picture frames, that make your bedroom a bit more playful. Prints can be changed once in a while to keep it interesting. Also, adding personal pictures are a great way to make yourself surrounded by memories you love. That’s an instant formula to feel comfortable.
- Color: Set the right tone for your bedroom. Picking warm and natural tone colours are very effective to feel comfortable and relaxed in your bed. This said, have you thought about picking a warm paint colour and paint your bedroom walls – maybe even just one? If you love bright and colourful, how about decorating it with bight coloured vases, candles or picture frames? Those can be always replaced once you may get over a certain colour.
- Bedding: Do your bed! Every morning! Being tidy and repeatedly doing your bed in the morning can be sometimes very draining, but studies have proofed that an organized bed will give us the energy and good will to feel overall organized and together in your life. A good way to start the morning, wouldn’t it? Tip on the side, after washing and drying your bedding, put the bedding a quick minute into the dyer again before putting it on the bed – this way you can make sure that your bedding is wrinkle-free and looks even more fresh & clean.
Have a wonderful Weekend and a good beauty sleep 🙂