Isn’t storage always something we need? Especially when it comes to clothes and shoes? I DO need lots storage, but I am also kind of looking for extra storage that blends into my bedroom, doesn’t take too much space and that looks super chic. To much to ask? No! Keep it simple with chic & clean lines.
6 Tips to achieve the ultimate chic extra storage look:
- I am not a huuuge IKEA fan but I love the Malm Dresser. I don’t care if everyone has them. I have them and I have them my way. 😉
When it comes to a simple dresser with lots room, I am still going for it. Why not? The great thing is, the dresser comes in different sizes.
I added two 4-Drawer Chests in white together to make it bigger.
- Add Greens. To add a bit more personality I picked two snake plants that join me in my bedroom. One 6″ Pot that goes perfectly on the middle of both Dressers and one 10″ Pot besides the dresser to round up the space between dresser and bed. As already explained in my previous blog post, snake plants are an absolute MUST in any bedroom. Why? Read here more.
If you’re interested in plants, please feel free to visit my website www.vanteriorplants.com
- Candles. To give your bedroom a cozy flair candles are the easiest choice. You can get them in any size and any shape for any budget.
I picked mine from CB2 in Vancouver. I love the “Brass Candle Bowl” for only $20. This candle brings coziness, but also the glam glam effect into my bedroom.
- Jewelry Box. Sort out the jewelry you’re not wearing. Sell them on Marketplace, exchange them in a clothing swap or simply give them away. Pick a jewelry box that fits all your jewelry that’s left, but also suits your style. I picked a mirrored jewelry box that doesn’t take too much space on my dresser, but fits all my fave pieces. I got it a long time ago from Winners, but if you’re looking for something similar chic, I’d recommend the “Oro Champagne Gold Box” from Cb2 as well as the “Small White Marble Box“. Yes, I do love Cb2, but there is also others that caught my eye such as “Abbey Collection Jewelry Box” from Amazon for only $30.00. Chic Chic.
- Pictures / Posters. I love the Desenio posters. I am obsessed with their minimal abstract posters and I just can’t get enough. Check out their website and comment below your thoughts. Which ones are your favourites? Please find below some of my fave pieces from Desenio.
- Color scheme. Go with a color scheme that you can find within your whole bedroom first of all. I love white furniture with black, rose and gold accents and I sticked to it throughout my whole bedroom design. It looks very glamorous, but still bold. The white dresser doesn’t seem to take away too much room compared to if it was Walnut or anything similar in a darker finish. I’d recommend to stick to white furniture as you can always pop it up with accents in the end (and it’s much more cost effective to changeup the accessories instead the furniture pieces).
Please find some of my fave Desenio pictures on the left for your inspiration:
Thank you for dropping by. I hope you guys got inspired.
Have a great week.